Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our aim

(Jamie)
By way of introducing this blog, let it be known it was "born" out of weakness and need, and a yearning to feel alive on the inside as we touch Truth. There is no sense of "we have something," but rather, we WANT something (Someone). We want reality to be alive in our hearts, and we want to live as if Jesus' words are true (can you imagine someone really living as if they believed Him??) :0) Lofty aspiration, but there you have it---our aim. We are aiming for real connection and a present-tense relationship with a real Man.

Today's Mark 5 passage comes to mind, where the woman with the issue of blood, in desperation and for lack of other options, pressed through the crowd to touch the hem of Jesus' garment. I feel that way. Not that my life is in the place of ruin hers was (not by a long shot). But there is something in me that constantly cries out that if I cannot touch Him, if I cannot reach Him and make connection with His heart, then I am NOT OKAY. So this blog, this Bible reading plan, is an expression of the reach of my heart (and Lindsey's) in the direction of the One who made me for Himself, without whom I am NOT OKAY.

So read with us if you want. Or pick it up here and there (we will keep a semi-current post of reminders of where we are so it will be easy to jump in at any point). The invitation is out there. Maybe we will press through the distractions and cares of life together and touch the hem of His garment.

No comments: